With its celebratory morning crunch and party of flavors, the Ranch’s granola is our staple for breakfast, or anytime during the day, thanks to the fresh way its tiny curls of orange zest blend with vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamon. ¡Buen Provecho!
Makes six cups
- Vegetable oil spray
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup oat bran
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup unsweetened unfiltered apple juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel (zest)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, almonds, seeds, flour, oat bran, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom.
- In another bowl, whisk together the honey, apple juice, vanilla and oil until the honey is thoroughly incorporated. Add the orange zest and the orange juice if desired.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well. Spread the granola evenly over the baking sheet and bake 1 to 2 hours, checking every fifteen minutes. When the granola starts to brown, stir gently with a spatula. Take care that the outside edges do not burn. When golden and dry, scrape onto a plate or cool baking sheet and set aside to cool. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Calories per serving: 25, 1 tablespoon per serving