Strengthen Your Mindset: The Foundation
Each of us possesses the capacity to tap into our deepest desires in life and create a life that feels fulfilling and personally empowered. The right mindset along with learning a few tools and strategies has everything to do with igniting our experience of joy, connection and purpose. When you know how to manage your mind, then you are able to get out of your own way and create a life that is joyful and fulfilling. This session explores the power of ‘mindset’ and how it impacts every aspect of life:
- Discover how to ‘manage your mind’ with a simple strategy that can be immediately put into play
- Learn a simple mini-meditation for greater inner peace, cognitive function, heart health, and increased immunity
- Create a personalized ‘declaration’ or ’intention’ specific to you to set a positive context for your day
These three steps form a powerful morning ritual that takes less than five minutes a day to practice. When regularly practiced, this routine will change the way your brain fires and the body responds, building your capacity to manage your mind and your reactions.
Build Your Capacity to ‘Take in the Good’
Gratitude is an emotion that relates to the ability to feel and express thankfulness and appreciation. Research shows that expressing gratitude improves mental, physical and relational health, happiness and well being. Although most of us know that we “should” feel grateful for our lives we tend to focus on what’s missing rather than the abundance in our lives. Gratitude unlocks the door to forgiveness—which is often key to expanding the experience of inner freedom. In this session participants will learn how to strengthen their capacity for gratitude and forgiveness.
- Discover how to capture and amplify moments of joy and appreciation in real time
- Recognize and savor the sweetness of everyday life even in the face of challenges, loss and transitions
- Learn a two-minute gratitude exercise that you can practice daily for greater calm, focus and clarity
How to Grow Your Self-Compassion
Loving Kindness or metta is about developing peace, harmony and mutual well-being within our selves and with others. Through metta one learns to abandon bitterness and animosity and embrace goodwill. Metta, when practiced regularly, teaches unconditional self-love and love for others. A simple loving kindness meditation will be taught that participants can practice on a daily basis. This method takes only a couple minutes a day of practice. Over time it becomes internalized and changes your mind set and opens the heart.
- Learn how to care for your mind and body with love and respect
- Reframe negative self-talk and view life circumstances from a more positive lens
- Discover how to forgive yourself and forge ahead
Strengthen Your Relationships Now
Learn to communicate more effectively with your partner, friends, family and everyone else in your life. Build the ability to listen generously and speak clearly from the heart— paving the way for true connection with others. Strengthening healthy and loving relationships with others is the most vital key to health, happiness and longevity.
- Strengthen your capacity to listen generously and effectively
- Learn to stop personalizing and making assumptions about what others say
- Develop your ability to express yourself with clarity and focus
Discover Your Life Vision
Every day we have hundreds of choices to make about how we are going to show up in our lives. Without knowing where you are heading it is impossible to navigate life well or wisely. When clear about your personal vision, you are able to create an inner compass that informs your choices and actions going forward. The first step is knowing what matters the most to you and why.
- Discover what matters most to you.
- Examine the difference between what you do with your precious time and what you want to do.
- Commit to certain action steps that move you closer to your vision every day.
Please note that each of these talks stand alone and also form a progression that supports you in creating a more joyful, fulfilling and meaningful life
Randy Kamen, EdD, is a psychologist, life-coach, and author of the bestseller Behind the Therapy Door: Simple Strategies to Transform Your Life. She is dedicated to working with those committed to personal growth, discovering true vision, building community, strengthening leadership abilities, and making a difference in the lives of others. Dr. Kamen pioneered new territory in mind-body medicine and positive psychology Harvard’s Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. and Boston University’s School of Medicine. She leads global, live online courses and workshops…and runs women’s empowerment retreats on Martha’s Vineyard. Dr. Kamen is part-time faculty at Harvard Medical School where she has taught women’s leadership and writing/publishing/promoting your book. She appears on radio, television, print and online media outlets including the Huffington Post, WebMD and Writer’s Digest. Her blog can be found at DrRandyKamen.com and her regular FacebookLive Show, “Simple Strategies to Create Your Extraordinary Life” is Dr. Randy Kamen on Thursdays at noon ET.