This Creamy Fresh Corn Polenta recipe from Executive Chef Reyna may be the swiss army knife of vegetarian side dishes – it’s a multi-tool you can easily do so much with. It’s scrumptious plain or dressed up with fresh herbs. For a creamier dish, add avocado. Tomatoes, with their slight acidic bite, are also a great addition. Or, for extra protein, top the polenta with a fried egg and a dash of siracha. We love it with simple herbs and parmesan. Let us know how you like yours.
4 cups fresh corn kernels
1 cup polenta
1 shallot, minced
4 cups vegetable broth- divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter or ghee
1/4 cup shaved parmesan
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh or dried herbs (oregano, sage, parsley)
- Blend the corn kernels with 2 cups vegetable broth in a food processor, so that it transforms into a creamy paste, not a soupy liquid.
- In a pot, add the olive oil. Once it is hot, add shallot and sauté over medium-high heat, occasionally stirring until brown Pour in the polenta and continue to sauté. Add the corn paste, remaining broth, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and add the rest of the broth and let cook for 10-15 minutes. Remember to stir the pot to prevent it from sticking.
- Once the polenta is cooked, finish by adding the butter or ghee, the parmesan, and the chopped herbs.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
- ¡Buen Provecho!