What can make your morning perfect? a true Mexican classic…Breakfast Burritos.
Here is The Ranch’s favorite recipe in two parts, which includes our delicious homemade plant-based chorizo, whole wheat tortillas, avocado, salsa, eggs from our chickens, and lots of fresh vegetables from Tres Estrellas Farm!
1 cup plant-based chorizo* (see almond chorizo recipe below)
4 eggs, scrambled
1 cup beans, mashed
4 large whole-wheat or gluten-free rice tortillas
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
1 avocado, sliced
2 cups spinach, kale, or red cabbage
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and drizzle avocado oil; cook the scrambled eggs.
- Warm up the beans, plant-based chorizo,* and the tortillas.
- Place the warm tortillas on a clean cutting board or plate, and spread the warm beans followed by the scrambled eggs, chorizo, cheese, pico de gallo, avocado, and fresh greens. Roll tightly and cut in half. Serve on a plate and enjoy.
- ¡Buen Provecho!
*Plant-Based Chorizo Ingredients:
½ cup almonds
1 cup rolled oats (can use gluten-free)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 garlic clove
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon paprika
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon coriander seeds, ground
2 guajillo chiles, dried and ground
4 tablespoons avocado oil
2 cups mushrooms
- Place the almonds in the food processor and process until coarse. Add the rolled oats and process until a sandy texture is achieved. Add the garlic, salt, spices, and avocado oil, and continue to process until well blended. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the food processor, finely chop the mushrooms. Add the almond and oatmeal mixture back into the food processor, and pulse a few times to incorporate the ingredients.
- Warm a pan and drizzle with avocado oil to cook the chorizo at medium-low heat until golden brown. Season to taste with more salt if needed, and serve hot.
- Refrigerate the chorizo in an airtight container. Use within 2-3 days.