Flakey white fish, greens, pumpkin seeds, and beans all add up to a healthy dinner plate packed with protein. The Ranch creates balance throughout our daily menus with fiber, nutrients, and protein to keep our guests fueled up for their day. Whether it’s hitting the hiking trails, cardio classes, weights or settling into our yoga and meditation programs, we bring balance to every meal.
If you keep reading, you will discover one of our secret seasonings… our Mexican spice blend! A combination of warm Mexican spices and herbs that bring up amazing flavors on vegetables, seafood, and more.
We are here to help you reach your 2023 goals and healthy eating is among the most important!
2 pounds local white fish, skinned and cut into 8 oz portions
1 tablespoon Mexican spice blend*
1 cup pinto or black beans, cooked
2 Roma tomatoes
¼ cup red onion, chopped
1 small bunch chopped cilantro
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
¼ cup pineapple, chopped
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
Juice of 1 lime, divided
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 cups greens, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season fish on both sides with the Mexican spice blend. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a bowl combine the cooked beans, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, pineapple and pepitas. Season with a squeeze of lime juice, salt, and pepper. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Drizzle the avocado oil in a sauté pan and over medium sear the fish on both sides until cooked.
- In another pan cook the chopped greens, season with a squeeze of lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place the greens on a plate and top with the fish.
- Garnish with pico de gallo salsa on the side.
- Serve hot with lime wedges
Ingredients Mexican Spice Blend:
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon chili flakes
½ tablespoon garlic powder
½ tablespoon dried oregano
½ tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Combine all the spices in a bowl and mix well. Keep in a jar until ready to use.
Download Fish, Beans & Greens. See more Ranch Nutrition and Recipes.