This somewhat unusual Tricep Pulldown (also amusingly referred to as the “Jiggly Arm” workout) tones and tightens the triceps. Brett Hoebel of The Biggest Loser (Season 11) recently led classes at The Ranch and showed us how to work the one body part he always gets asked about.
Brett’s “Jiggly Arm” workout tightens underarms of course, and he suggests you integrate it into the end portion of your circuit training. For an even more intense challenge, try adding planks in between sets.
When using a cable machine, apply a longer handle to get full arm movement. A towel can modify the setup. (If you don’t have a cable machine you can use a stretch band stuck in a closed door as long as you place it high, and can pull it down to a lower position.
Start with 3 to 4 sets, 12 to 15 reps each. As you get stronger you can drop the number of reps and add weights for more resistance.
- Start by holding the towel through the handle of the cable machine and take one big step backward.
- Begin to bend over and bow forward so your chest is down near your thighs and your arms are straight in front of you. You should feel a stretch in your underarm.
- Pull your hands down as you stand up and bring them just behind the side of your hips. Remember to keep your arms straight.
- Do a slow count to three as you bow again and raise your arms bringing your chest back toward your thighs and your arms out in front of you.
- Repeat 12-15 times for 3 to 4 sets. Integrate crunches or planks in between sets.